So, my chinese Ebay parts finally arrived. Actually, the digitizer arrived 2 times.
The whole proces of replacing the screen and the digitizer is really simple, the photo’s should tell you enough really! Just open it up, flip the screen and digitizer, unscrew, open de side and you’re solderless plugs are visible, just unplug the old parts and plug in the new ones.. It took me about 5 minutes start to end.. I didn’t even have to search for the right screwdriver (starhead) because it was already included in the package And a pry-tool (didn’t need that one)!
But there is a catch! (Well not really, I was just stupid) When I received my parts, I immediately put the phone together. In that proces I removed all plastic covers, or so I thought! It turned out that I missed a plastic cover on the back of the digitizer. Now this doesn’t really affect the way it’s working, but after a few hours I noticed that there where air bubbles forming behind the digitizer. So I opened the phone again. To lazy to remove the digitizer, I just pulled the cover off. And with that I broke the flatwire/ribbon.
Those things are really fragile! Especially when you are as handy as an elephant! So watch out with that!, make sure you remove the ALL the plastic covers, both on the front as the back of the digitizer and the front of the screen!
Anyhow, the second digitizer I bought was from an other supplier and the plastic cover, in this case, didn’t reach all the way to the ribbon connection. And thus that problem didn’t occur this time.
Photo’s of this straightforward repair below, enjoy!